CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

They made it through their first week. . .

So the boys have officially gone a WHOLE week of school since their change. Guess what. . . they (we) made it!!! I was so excited when they got home from their first day of class and said that they LOVED it! I was relieved as well. They both were excited all week! Romney has a truck load of homework to do each night, I couldn't believe it for first grade. He has to read a book-in-bag every night (not so bad), he also needs to read for an additional 30 min, do math concepts for 10 minutes, practice his spelling list nightly (they have quizzes every Friday) and he also has a 20 page packet that he has to do throughout the week and turn it at the first of every week!!! I mean some of it isn't bad, some of it is expected, but WOW!! It is okay though, whatever will be best for him. We have gotten used to it and have a routine and now it's not sooo bad. Bay doesn't have a ton of homework, just some math problems every night and he has to read for 20 min a night(I make him do 30 min, but he doesn't know it).;)

1 comment:

Lish Fish said...

Good, I am so glad they are doing well.

Get Baylen reading Twilight, Kenna is almost done with it. She had given me such crap for being so obsessed until she saw the movie, then wanted to read the book to see what 'really' happened.