This year for New Years we took the kids sleigh riding up the mountain with Grandma Great, Grandma Becca, Papa Ray, Aunt Amanda and their cousin Becca. They had a blast!!! I was expecting it to be really really cold so I got the kids in thermos, snow suits, doubled up their socks, they wore a shirt,sweater and coat. They also had sweater gloves and then their big heavy winter gloves and their beanies on!! Funny thing is is it was WARM! What!?! The kids, Alex and I ended up taking our coats and big heavy winter gloves off, because we were sweating!! So all in all it was the perfect day to go sleding!!! Everyone had their crashes though and some were worse than others. Braxtin's BIG crash was when I was driving the four wheeler with Alex behind on the sled and Braxtin wanted to ride the four wheeler with me so I let him get on. We pulled Alex up to the top then he wanted to sled down without the four wheeler pulling him and Brax wanted to go with daddy. As he was getting off the four wheeler he pushed the gas and was in a position that if he let go he would fall and even though I had the break on the four wheeler was MOVING with Brax dangling!!! I was so freaked out I didn't know what to do so with one had on the break I took the other and flug Brax off as far away from the four wheeler as I could. I thought he was going to be really really hurt, but he wasn't it just scared him to death and me as well. Alex said that he thought I had ran over his leg, but in the end Brax was okay except for me who wanted to cling to Brax and make sure that he was really okay. Next time I will put it in park, but I hadn't because Alex was just unhooking the sled and last minute Brax wanted to go with. Then Rom's bad crash was when he ran into a fallen tree branch and smashed his hand, I thought his fingers might be broke the way he was crying, but he just smashed it really good. Halee was sleding down the hill at a really good pace and ran into a rock and hit her knee!! She had a good cry, but in the end she was just fine. Lexee's crash was the sled tipping over and scaring her nothing huge. Never heard anything from Bay about crashing, of course that doesn't mean he didn't. He's a tough nut and probably wouldn't say anything unless he was bleeding!! There were so many pictures I liked and they all had so much fun that I wanted you to see all of the good ones so I made a slide show!! Thank you to my friends from the Bradshaw Blog for the idea!!:)
hello
8 years ago
















1 comment:
I miss living in UT & going sledding. Here we can do it down the sand dunes at Red Rock I guess. It looks like you had so much fun. Always crashes to tell about though!
Post a Comment